Join Cabarrus Business Network
Membership is by invitation only and is limited to one seat per industry. Seats are available on a first‐come, first‐serve basis, and the board reserves the right to make appropriate selections when two or more applications for the same seat are being considered at the same time. The board commits to making selections based on the overall good of the group, and will evaluate what each applicant brings to the group, and their level of commitment.
Membership is granted to an individual, not a company. Members must limit their networking activities within Cabarrus Business Network to the defined seat, particularly where overlapping could occur. For example, an insurance agent may also provide financial services, so he/she would have to promote that service ONLY within the group. If a member promotes an overlapping service which is not defined in their particular seat, they will be approached by a board member with a friendly reminder. If the member continues to promote an overlapping service, their seat will become open.
There is a $25 non‐refundable application fee for prospective members. This is to be submitted with the application.
Membership carries an annual fee of $125. This fee is assessed on a calendar year basis, and will be renewed each year. Invoices will be sent the first week of December of the year prior to the renewal year. These payments must be paid by the last business day of January of that year to avoid a $25 late fee. If the renewal fee and late fee are not received by the last business day of February, that seat will be open.
Members who join throughout the year will be responsible for a prorated share of the fee. Proration is 25% per quarter.
To download our membership application or membership agreement to your desktop, right click and select “Save Link As or Save File As”. To save to your mobile device simply click the link.
Members are expected to attend regularly. The strength of the group is highly dependent upon membership faithfulness and participation on a consistent basis. When members are not present, they will miss out on potential leads and referrals, as well as deprive the rest of the membership of the same.
While some absences are unavoidable (out of town, sickness, etc.), members are requested to treat meetings as a priority in their schedule.
Should a member miss two meetings in a row, the Membership Committee Chair (or designated member of the Membership Committee) will contact them to validate their situation and determine ongoing interest.
Should a member miss three meetings in a row, or three meetings in a single quarter, the seat will become open. Interested parties much go through the membership process to fill the vacant seat.
Members who must miss a meeting may send a substitute in their place to avoid being counted as absent. Substitutes must represent the MEMBER business (not their own), and be prepared to promote the member’s business to the group.
Any exceptions to these policies must be approved by the board.
- Guests must be invited or sponsored by a current member. The sponsoring member will introduce their guest(s) during the meeting.
- After their first visit, guests will be provided a membership application from any Membership Committee member if they are considering joining. Applications, along with the $25 application fee, can be submitted for consideration after the first meeting, but applicants must attend two of three consecutive meetings before being considered by the full board.
- Upon receipt of the application, the Membership Committee will review, validate an available seat, and contact references. Should there be a potential overlap with an existing filled seat the applicant should work with that seat occupant to determine if there is room for the seat. The Membership Committee will provide a report to the board with a recommendation regarding potential membership.
- It is the duty of the Guest Sponsor, the Membership Committee and the board to determine if applicants bring value to the organization and are committed to active participation. Each prospective member will be asked to review and sign a membership agreement (attached) reflecting this commitment.
- The board considers new applicants at each monthly board meeting. Upon completion of #1‐#4 above, the applicant will be asked to attend the next board meeting. Board members will be given the opportunity to ask questions of the applicants.
The board will vote on new members at each board meeting, and new members will be announced at the next official meeting.
New members are required to submit payment of the annual fee (or prorated amount, whichever is appropriate) to the treasurer within 30 days of becoming a member.
To join CBN, please complete the form below and one of our board members will be in touch shortly.
Guests are invited to attend, as long as the seat they may wish to occupy is vacant. Guests may visit twice, and they would be expected to go through the membership process to continue participating. Guests that have submitted an application for membership may continue to attend meetings until the board votes on their potential membership.
Members may invite guests for seats that are currently open. No guests may be invited who would fill a seat that is currently occupied. Should a potential overlap exist, it is the responsibility of the inviting member to determine if the guest should attend.
Members should notify the Membership Committee via email of their intention to invite, along with the invitee’s contact information and business specialty or focus.
Sponsorship of Guests
A member should be prepared to sponsor guests the member personally invites. This is known as sponsorship.
The sponsor of a guest is expected to ensure that the guest is clear on requirements for membership. This includes ensuring the guest is introduced to board members, attends two of three consecutive meetings, and submits their application in a timely manner.